Thursday 23 June 2011

Pottermore, What Are You?

Okay, even though I’m nearly done with my Beach Break Live blog (alternatively, How Not to Camp) I feel as a loyal and long-time Potter Nerd I need to say something about Pottermore.

For anyone living under a rock/without internet access (same thing really?), J.K. Rowling released a teaser website about a week ago called Pottermore. Instant hype, with all us hopefuls thinking, “Pottermore? MORE POTTER! She’s writing new books!” and dusting off our robes/wands etc. (NB. I do not actually own robes and a wand… sadface). However today, this is the video announcement that was released.



First thoughts from a Harry Potter lover since she was eight years old? Sadly not superexcitementohmygodthisissofantastic.  More like, “Wait… what?” From what I can gather this website (because at the end of a day, it really will just be the website) is going to combine fan fiction, extra information and backstories from J.K., the change to get a (I presume digital) wand and get sorted into a house.

Now, all of this is great. 18,000 words worth of new material and more to come? Brilliant! However I think giving everyone a week to speculate and dream up bigger and more groundbreaking announcements was a bad idea. And that’s really all I have to say on the subject while I still technically have no idea what Pottermore is.

And of course all this is not to say I won’t be fighting tooth and nail to be in the first million fans to sign up early. I’ve now been a Potter nerd for over half of my life. And PROUD OF IT!


http://acciohedwig.tumblr.com/tagged/house+pride/page/3


I have tumblr now! http://becki-says-rawr.tumblr.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment